Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Day of Summer School

I haven't updated because it's been so busy. I've been to several interviews (which have been flops.) I have a final tomorrow, and another interview on Thursday, but NONE of these excite me more than getting my first guitar EVER.

I spent about a week researching various acoustic guitars suitable for a beginner like me. Eric was super helpful and we decided that if there was any sort of guitar available, it would have to be a Gibson. Amazon had a deal on the Epiphone DR-100, but you know...who can really trust Amazon? Also: I wasn't really sure if I needed a guitar.

Fortunately, mom thought up of the next best thing: Second hand guitars. We took to the streets and raided almost every pawn shop in San Francisco. Bah, nothing came up :( I suggested we swing by the Guitar Center just to see what they had. Surprise surprise...

The Epiphone DR-100 was on sale. Originally 183, it was on sale for 99. I got an additional 10% off too! Wooohoo!

Eric and I still have to name it. >_> Out of my geekery I've compiled a list of songs I will start to learn, as well as chords I need to memorize before the guitar classes start in 2 weeks.

ALSO: I got a tumblr account because it looked nifty. http://izzycoon.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment